The sewer drain for your home has an important job. It funnels wastewater out of your house and into a septic tank or public sewer system. Unfortunately, the sewer drain is often an “out of sight, out of mind” aspect of home ownership for many Chula Vista homeowners, until a problem with the sewer drain appears. If you notice any of the following symptoms of a sewer drain clog, the team at BPI Plumbing in Chula Vista, CA, can help:
- Bubbling toilets. When you flush your toilet, does it seem to gurgle and bubble? There may be a clog in the sewer line that is preventing the toilet from clearing correctly, and this problem will eventually worsen.
- Water backups. Have you noticed the sinks and drains in the lower area of your home overfilling? This is one of the telltale signs of a sewer drain that’s failing to clear due to a clog.
- Sewage smell. The smell of raw sewage is unmistakable. Once you start getting whiffs of this smell throughout your home, call your plumber as soon as possible before it gets worse.
- Tubs fill with wastewater. If you notice dirty water inching out of the drain in your tub or shower, this is a sign that you probably have a sewer line clog.
- Toilet overflows when the washing machine runs. One of the most unexpected occurrences a homeowner may witness because of a clogged sewer line is the toilet backing up when the laundry machine runs. If the washing machine backs up but the toilet and/or tubs don’t overfill with wastewater, then it could be a sign of a drain line problem with the laundry machine.
These signs all require prompt attention from a professional. A sewer line problem left unaddressed can cause serious problems in and around your home, potentially costing thousands of dollars to fix, depending on how long the problem persists. Contact BPI Plumbing in Chula Vista today if you have seen any of these symptoms recently, and our team will help you diagnose the source of the problem.